Treeswift Wildlife & Nature
Treeswift Wildlife & Nature was first dreamt up in early 2019. Beginning with wildlife watching tours and photography classes, the organisation was put on hold as Covid-19 began to rock the globe, closing borders, rescheduling tours, and putting a hold on wildlife watching.
After persevering through lockdowns and travel bans, Treeswift Wildlife finally kicked back into gear at the end 2021, more ready than ever. Now settled in Australia’s second largest city, Treeswift Wildlife is helping people get back in touch with nature, running outings for mammals, birds, flora, fungi, wildlife photography tours, and everything in between.
Supported by a rock-solid and passionate team of multi-lingual guides, educators, and local experts, Treeswift Wildlife & Nature has an exciting journey ahead and hopes that you can be a part of it.
Our Core Values:
wild·life watch·er | \ ˈwä-chər ˈwī(-ə)l(d)-ˌlīf
Definition of ‘Wildlife Watcher’
1 : a person who observes, searchers, or identifies wild animals in their habitats
Examples of wildlife watcher in a Sentence
// Ever since his first trip to Uganda, Christopher knew that he was a wildlife watcher.
// Only wildlife watchers would be mad enough to go into the rainforest at night in order to search for frogmouths.
Why Book with Treeswift Wildlife & Nature?
- All our tours & events are limited to small group experiences only
- Our guiding team has over 15 years of field experience
- All private bookings are custom designed to run at your pace and suit your needs
- Flexible Dates – tell us when you’re available and we’ll make it work
- Custom tours – experiences tailored to your needs, budget, dates, targets, etc
- For extended trips, your choice of accommodation (both budget & comfort options)
- For extended trips, optional dine-in or on-the-road meal options
- Expert field knowledge covering birds/mammals/reptiles/frogs, photography, ecology, plants, local history and highlight attractions
- Expert photography tutors, familiar with all brands, models, set ups, etc
- Expect life-changing encounters with some of the rarest and most unique animals on the plant
- Expect amazing photographic opportunities with guides who help you get the most of your equipment and time in the field
- See parts of Australia unvisited by other tour companies
- Multilingual guide options available
- Pick up / drop off from your accommodation or home
- Travel in a 2022 model, 5-star ANCAP safety rated 4WD vehicle equipped with safety gear and satellite communications
- Spotting Scope & Binoculars
- Optional camera hire to capture those special moments!
- Spotlights for nocturnal tours
- All refreshments included – soft drinks, tea/coffee, water, snacks
- Esky for your ‘packed lunch’ – if required
- Target checklists available in print or digitally (tailored to your tour)
- eBird / iNaturalist lists with detailed notes to be shared with guests
- Complete set of Field Guides for ‘real-time’ referral
- All National Park entry costs
- Complete Medical & First Aid Kit
- An up-to-date Covid-Safe Policy (+ masks, hand sanitiser, gloves, etc)
- Bug spray, sunscreen, spare hats, rain jackets, chargers, etc
Treeswift Wildlife & Nature would like to acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait people who are the traditional custodians of the land on which we travel. We respect and honour Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on this land and commit to building a brighter future together.