★ Exclusive Tour!
Barn Owls & Grasslands
Guided Photography Tours
After a successful (and huge!) 2022 season, our much-loved Barn Owls & Grasslands Nocturnal Photography Tours are back for 2023! Come and join Treeswift Wildlife & Nature on an unforgettable night out, tracking down and photographing the remarkable Eastern Barn Owl as it hunts under the stars.
Starting from Werribee, your group (3x pp max per night!) will head out west into grasslands, woodlands and wetlands in search of these stunning nocturnal predators and many other nocturnal species. Led by our team of professional guides and photographers, this is your opportunity to photograph this species (and many more) up close and in the wild! No photography experience needed and fun for the whole family – just bring your camera and let us do all the driving, owl-finding, spotlighting, guiding and photography tutoring whilst you just enjoy the wildlife and take stunning photos!
Other nocturnal targets include Australian Boobook, Tawny Frogmouth, Australian Owlet-nightjar, Growling Grass Frog, Spotted Marsh Frog, Striped Marsh Frog, Stubble Quail, Koala, Common Brushtail Possum, Australian Pipit, Grey-headed Flying Fox, Clicking Froglet, and microbats!
- Pick up/drop off in Werribee (residence or other address upon special request)
- Unbelievable photography opportunities
- All interest & skill levels welcomed (just want to see the animals not photograph? No problem!)
- Expert tuition by a professional guide
- Wildlife Watching Ethics: all animals/habitats treated with respect and low disturbance
- Small groups only – max 3x participants
- Spotlights, torches, field guides, and all equipment included
- Tea, coffee, snacks, soft drink, water all included
- First Aid & Covid-Safe experience
- Run time: approx. 5.30pm-9.30pm (4hrs+)
Other Dates: Our entire winter season is sold out! Fill out our booking form to go on the waiting list, organise a private booking, or schedule a future date
Owl & Grasslands Photography Tours
Trip At A Glance: